Monday 1 February 2010

Consumption of Design

It took me a fair amount of time to properly read this chapter from 'The Culture of Design' by Guy Julier after skimming it over the Christmas holidays.. Overall I have found it quite interesting.

I like the idea that we now create our identity with what we choose to wear and what we buy instead of having it given to us. This obviously effects me as a designer as I will have to make choices as to how individual my pieces are.

I also like the idea of the consumer being involved in the making or changing of the product, modular furniture for example. It seems more personal and individual, and I hate the thought of everyone being the same or owning the same items..

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you here, and I feel you put this into better words than I did :) xxx

    ReplyDelete